German language courses for intermediate levels are organized as shown below:
German language courses Advanced level C1
German language courses Proficient level C2You will need to take two exams – mid-training exam and final exam. These exams test written and oral German language skills, according to the international testing system.
Each level is split in two sub-modules A1.1 and A1.2, respectively A2.1 and A2.2.
Each module has 52 teaching units.
We work in groups of 6-10 students.
You will need to take two exams – mid-training exam and final exam. These exams test written and oral German language skills, according to the international testing system.
Advanced level C1
The course aims to train you for the exam Goethe-Zertifikat C1.
We use the handbook “em neu Abschlusskurs”, a set including handbook, workbook, 2 audio CDs. We add worksheets and systematization sheets on issues of grammar and vocabulary, original materials processed by the teacher, and links, at the teacher’s discretion.
Structure of the course for Advanced level C1
- We will focus on conversation, dialogues in groups of 2 or 3 students – interviews, feature reports, opinion surveys, negotiation, discussing pros and cons
- Themes: mass-media, finance, literature, routines, career, offense, science, art, psychology, globalization.
- Vocabulary for communication in German:
- finance – expenses, banking
- real estate companies
- formal and informal letters
- indirect speech
- law and offenses
- art styles and ages
- spirit and soul
- body language
- personal letters, etc.
- elements for indirect speech expression
- modal particles
- verbal style – nominal style
- functions of “es”
- modal verbs – subjective use
- special aspects of the passive voice.
Proficient level C2
The course aims to train you for the exams Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP), Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS), Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS).
Hard copy materials drawn up by Lingua TranScript and audio and video materials are used, at the teacher’s discretion/
Structure of the course for Proficient level C2
The structure of the course of Proficient C2 learners is based on film viewing, news and feature reports on current topics, comprehension of difficult texts – for example, articles taken from various German and Austrian newspapers and magazines, to be discussed in the course.